The EDDC official programme is now on the web site and is:
Provisional relocation/Knowle sale timetable
This overall timetable is for guidance only as it may be subject to delay, depending on planning related matters.
• June 2015 – East Devon is due to exchange contracts with Pegasus Life Ltd – the developer which has been selected to purchase and develop Knowle. Pegasus specialises in providing retirement homes and extra care facilities, for which there is huge demand in Sidmouth.
• July 2015 – design team due to be appointed.
• September 2015 –construction contractor due to be appointed.
• May 2016 – Heathpark and Exmouth (if necessary) planning applications to be considered.
• June 2016 – Pegasus planning application to be considered.
• July 2016 – Council will review planning decisions.
• August 2016 – Work due to begin on Heathpark and Exmouth town hall.
• October 2017 – Council due to move offices
Note from SOS: This means a 15 month construction and move programme for the new offices at Heathpark; quite a commitment.
Is the ‘huge demand’ for Pegasus-Life style housing and faclities evidence-based, or speculative? A neighbourhood plan for Sidmouth is urgently needed, if a well-balanced future community is to be built.