Save Our Sidmouth


1 Comment

Reminder: TRIBUNAL this THURSDAY 28 AUGUST, 10 a.m. EXETER MAGISTRATES’ COURT. EDDC vs Information Commissioner & J. Woodward

EDDC has defied the Information Commissioner’s order, following a Freedom of Information request, to release crucial documents concerning the office relocation project (namely, those relating to the state of the Knowle office buildings, and the calculation of the refurbishment costs).

The case will be brought before a Tribunal this Thursday morning (28th August, Exeter Magistrates’ Court). SOS would advise members of the public who wish to attend, to arrive early, as space in Court 3 may be limited. (The EDA blog’s Home page has useful information on how to get there, see http://eastdevonalliance.org)

Chair of Save Our Sidmouth, Richard Thurlow, will be present, for Jeremy Woodward who is unable to be there himself, due to professional commitments.

A summary of the background to the case is given here: http://eastdevonalliance.org/2014/05/27/eddc-knowle-relocation-secrecy-important-update/comment-page-1/

See also our earlier post https://saveoursidmouth.com/2014/07/30/date-for-your-diary-28-august-2014-exeter-magistrates-court-tribunal-to-consider-whether-knowle-relocation-papers-should-be-disclosed/


Leave a comment

Delay in drawing up the new Local Plan is “like a recurrent nightmare” , says EDDC Councillor

The lack of readiness of the Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) figures, without which the Local Plan can’t be completed, has no doubt caused EDDC’s Planning Policy Officer, Matt Dickins, many sleepless nights. His report which appeared as a ‘matter of urgency’ at yesterday’s Development Management Committee Meeting, prompted scathing responses from some Committee members, including Independent Cllr Ben Ingham. After referring to the “recurrent nightmare” situation East Devon is in , Cllr Ingham added, “I find it hard to believe that we’ve got ourselves into this pickle.” Conservative Cllr Mike Allen, was equally incensed. He reminded his colleagues that it was “ Seven years or so ago” since “this Council decided to go ahead with preparing a Local Plan.”. He squarely blamed the situation East Devon is now faced with , on “an unacceptable level of performance on behalf of the Chief Executive”.
But before too many other criticisms could be heard, the debate on this ‘matter of urgency’ was swiftly brought to a halt, by an intervention by Councillor Peter Sullivan, of Sidmouth, who wanted to “move this on”. His motion that Matt Dickins’ report had been noted, and that there should be an update in two months’ time, was voted through. Thus a good hard look at the reality of the situation was deftly postponed.

Other reports of the same meeting:

Tetchy meeting to receive report on delay in housing numbers

http://eastdevonalliance.org/2014/08/26/dmc-meeting-a-member-of-the-public-reports-ceo-mark-williams-told-to-get-a-grip/


1 Comment

Date for your diary.. 28 August, 2014. Exeter Magistrates Court . Tribunal to consider whether Knowle relocation papers should be disclosed.

For details, and latest update, please see http://futuresforumvgs.blogspot.com/2014/07/knowle-relocation-project-foi-request_25.html

Related links at East Devon Alliance website, including http://eastdevonalliance.org/2014/07/24/more-on-eddc-v-the-information-commissioner-exeter-magistrates-court-10-am-28-august-2014/